Mastering SuiteCommerce Advanced Checkout Pages: A Guide
Within the buyer journey, the checkout process plays a pivotal role in converting online shoppers into loyal customers. It’s the critical juncture where customers make the final decision to complete their purchase. SuiteCommerce Advanced, a versatile e-commerce platform, offers several checkout page types to enhance the shopping experience for your customers. In this blog, we will explore the three primary types of checkout pages in SuiteCommerce Advanced and how they can be tailored to your business needs.
1. One-Page Checkout
The one-page checkout is all about simplicity and speed. It condenses the entire checkout process onto a single page, making it incredibly easy for customers to review their items, enter their shipping and payment information, and complete the purchase. This approach minimizes the number of clicks and steps required to make a purchase, which can be a game-changer in reducing cart abandonment rates.
In the above image, we can see that all of the checkout information, such as shipping address, billing address, and delivery information, is collected on a single page.
Advantages of One-Page Checkout:
- Faster and more convenient for customers.
- Reduced cart abandonment rates.
- Suitable for businesses aiming for a quick and hassle-free checkout experience
- Especially effective for mobile shoppers.
2. Standard Checkout
Standard checkout in SuiteCommerce Advanced typically involves a multi-step process where customers move through different pages or steps to enter shipping and payment information. This approach is suitable for businesses that need to collect additional information or offer extra services like gift wrapping or customization.
Here we can see that the checkout process is divided into multiple steps. There are a total of three pages for the standard checkout process. The checkout process is done through the shipping page, billing page, and review page, as shown in the below figure.
Advantages of Standard Checkout:
- Provides a structured process for gathering comprehensive information.
- Accommodates businesses with diverse product offerings or service options.
- Reduces the chances of user errors or confusion during the process.
3. Billing First Checkout
Billing First Checkout in SuiteCommerce Advanced places billing information at the forefront of the checkout process. This type of checkout is particularly useful for businesses or industries where billing details are more critical and need to be confirmed before shipping information.
Advantages of Billing First Checkout:
- Prioritizes billing information, which is essential for verification and payment processing.
- Streamlines the payment verification process.
- Suitable for businesses with specific billing requirements.
Changing the Checkout Type in Netsuite Configuration Record
To enhance the shopping experience for your customers, it’s important to choose the right checkout type in your SuiteCommerce Advanced website. Netsuite allows you to customize your checkout process by altering the checkout type in the Configuration Record. Follow these steps to make the necessary changes:
Navigate to Website List:
- Go to Commerce> Websites > Configuration
- Select your Website and Domain
- Within the “Checkout” subtab, you can select your preferred checkout type, which can be “One-Page Checkout,” “Standard Checkout,” or “Billing First Checkout.”
- Remember to save the changes to ensure your new checkout type setting takes effect.
In SuiteCommerce Advanced, the checkout pages are more than just transactional pages; they are pivotal in shaping the customer experience. By choosing and optimizing the right type of checkout for your business, you can significantly reduce cart abandonment rates, enhance customer satisfaction, and ultimately boost your ecommerce business’s success. Customizing your checkout pages to your specific audience and business goals will make a world of difference in the competitive world of online retail. Consider the advantages of each checkout type and tailor your approach to meet the unique needs and preferences of your customer